[openstack-dev] [stable][octavia] Backport patch adding new configuration options

Carlos Goncalves cgoncalves at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 16:05:58 UTC 2018

Stable team,

The Octavia team merged a patch in master [1] that fixed an issue where
load balancers could be deleted whenever queue_event_streamer driver is
enabled and RabbitMQ goes down [2].

As this is a critical bug, we would like to backport as much back as
possible. The question is whether these backports comply with the stable
policy because it adds two new configuration options and deprecates one.
The patch was prepared so that the deprecated option has precedence if set
over the other two.

Reading the review guidelines [3], I only see "Incompatible config file
changes" as relevant, but the patch doesn't seem to go against that. We had
a patch that added a new config option backported to Queens that raised
some concern, so we'd like to be on the safe side this time ;-)

We'd appreciate guidance to whether such backports are acceptable or not.

Thanks,
Carlos

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/581585/
[2] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002937