[openstack-dev] [masakari][congress] what is a host?

Sam P sam47priya at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 03:29:37 UTC 2018

Hi Eric,

(1) "virtual machine" is bug. This need to be corrected as physical machine
or hypervisor.
      Masakari host is a physical host/hypervisor. I will correct this.

(2) Not through masakari APIs. You have to add metadata key
'HA_Enabled=True' to each VM by using nova API.
     Masakeri monitors check for failures and send notification to masakari
API if detected any failure (i.e host, VM or process failures).
     In host failure (hypervisor down) scenario, Masakari engine get the VM
list on that hypervisor and start evacuate VMs.
     Operator can configure masakari to evacuate all VMs or only the VMs
with the metadata key   'HA_Enabled=True.
     Please see the config file [1] section [host_failure] for more details.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/masakari/latest/sample_config.html

--- Regards,
Sampath