[openstack-dev] [placement] update 18-40

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 21:20:30 UTC 2018

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 14:31:05 +0100 (BST), Chris Dent wrote:
> *<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509042/>
>     Propose counting quota usage from placement and API database
>     (A bit out of date but may be worth resurrecting)

I'd like to resurrect this spec but it really depends on being able to
ask for usage scoped only to a particular instance of Nova (GET /usages
for NovaA vs GET /usages for NovaB). From what I understand, we don't
have a concrete plan for being able to differentiate ownership of
allocations yet.

Until then, we will be using a policy-based switch to control the quota
behavior in the event of down/slow cells in a multi-cell deployment
(fail build if project has servers in down/slow cells vs allow
potentially violating quota limits if project has servers in down/slow
cells). So, being able to leverage the placement API for /usages is not
considered critical, since we have an interim plan.

-melanie