[openstack-dev] [cinder][qa] Enabling online volume_extend tests by default

Erlon Cruz sombrafam at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:42:11 UTC 2018

Hey folks,

Following up on the discussions that we had on the Denver PTG, the Cinder
team
is planning to enable online volume_extend tests[1] to be run by default.
Currently,
those tests are only run by some CI systems and infra jobs that explicitly
set it to
be so.

We are also adding a negative test and an associated option  in tempest[2]
to allow
vendor drivers that does not support online extending to be tested. This
patch will
be merged first and after a reasonable time for people check whether their
backends supports that or not, we will proceed and merge the devstack
patch[1]
triggering the tests in all CIs and infra jobs.

Please let us know if you have any question or concerns about it.

Kind regards,
Erlon