[openstack-dev] [api] Open API 3.0 for OpenStack API

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Fri Oct 5 11:54:07 UTC 2018

GraphQL has introspection features that allow clients to pull the schema
(types, queries, mutations, etc): https://graphql.org/learn/introspection/

That said, it seems like using this in a client like OpenStackSDK would get
messy quickly. Instead of asking for which versions are supported, you'd
have to fetch the schema, map it to actual features somehow, and adjust
queries based on this info.

I guess there might be a middleground where we could fetch the REST API
version, and know from that what GraphQL queries can be made.

// jim