[openstack-dev] [tc] bringing back formal TC meetings

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Oct 5 11:38:19 UTC 2018

Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> writes:

> Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
>>   ---- On Fri, 05 Oct 2018 02:47:53 +0900 Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote ----
>>   > On 2018-10-04 13:40:05 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>   > [...]
>>   > > TC members, please reply to this thread and indicate if you would
>>   > > find meeting at 1300 UTC on the first Thursday of every month
>>   > > acceptable, and of course include any other comments you might
>>   > > have (including alternate times).
>>   >
>>   > This time is acceptable to me. As long as we ensure that community
>>   > feedback continues more frequently in IRC and on the ML (for example
>>   > by making it clear that this meeting is expressly *not* for that)
>>   > then I'm fine with resuming formal meetings.
>>
>> +1. Time works fine for me, Thanks for considering the APAC TZ.
>>
>> I agree that we should keep encouraging the  usual discussion in existing office hours, IRC or ML. I will be definitely able to attend other 2 office hours (Tuesday  and Wednesday) which are suitable for my TZ.
>
> 1300 UTC is obviously good for me, but once we are off DST that will
> mean 5am for our Pacific Time people (do we have any left ?).
>
> Maybe 1400 UTC would be a better trade-off?

Julia is out west, but I think not all the way to PST.

> Regarding frequency, I agree with mnaser that once per month might be
> too rare. That means only 5-ish meetings for a given a 6-month
> membership. But that can work if we use the meeting as a formal progress
> status checkpoint, rather than a way to discuss complex topics.

I think we can definitely manage the agenda to minimize the number of
complex discussions. If that proves to be too hard, I wouldn't mind
meeting more often, but there does seem to be a lot of support for
preferring other venues for those conversations.

Doug