[openstack-dev] [Release-job-failures] Release of openstack/os-log-merger failed

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 4 22:07:10 UTC 2018

On 2018-10-04 17:57:06 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
[...]
>   HTTPError: 400 Client Error: Invalid value for classifiers. Error:
>   'Topic:: Utilities' is not a valid choice for this field for url:
>   https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/
>
> I'm not aware of any way to test those values easily before doing an
> upload. If someone knows of a way, please let me know.

I started writing a distcheck utility based on some validation code
flit uses, but now that twine has a check option there is expressed
intent by Dustin to do it there (see description of
https://github.com/pypa/twine/pull/395 for details) which seems like
a more natural solution anyway.
--
Jeremy Stanley