[openstack-dev] [nova][xenapi] can we deprecate the xenapi-specific 'nova-console' service?

Stephen Finucane sfinucan at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 12:57:52 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-10-04 at 12:03 +0000, Bob Ball wrote:
> Hi Melanie,
>
> We recommend using novncproxy_base_url with
> vncserver_proxyclient_address set to the dom0's management IP
> address.
>
> We don't currently use nova-console, so deprecation would be the best
> approach.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

What about nova-xvpvncproxy [1]? This would be configured using
xvpvncproxy_base_url. This is also Xen-specific (as the name, Xen VNC
Proxy, would suggest). If the noVNC-based console is now recommended,
can we also deprecate the XVP one?

Stephen

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/606148/5/doc/source/admin/remote-console-access.rst@313