[openstack-dev] [Release-job-failures][neutron] Release of openstack/networking-bigswitch failed

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Oct 3 17:44:06 UTC 2018

AdityaVaja <wolverine.av at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Doug,
>
> I was going to send out an email or drop in on IRC to check how to fix that.
>
> We accidentally pushed 13.0.1 on stable/queens, instead of 12.0.5. (13.x.x
> is rocky and 12.x.x is queens)
> Tried reverting the situation by pushing 12.0.5 for the same commit hash on
> queens, but that didn't work. Releases with commit hash can be compared
> here [1].
>
> Deleting the release from PYPI can be done, but deleting a tag from gerrit
> is not possible without allowing forcePush from project-config - afaik. But
> that seems like an extreme step.
> Not sure how to fix the situation, so I thought checking with
> openstack-release to get an idea.
>
> If your original suggestion of pushing 12.0.6 still stands, I can go ahead
> and do that.

I think that pushing 12.0.6 to a point on that branch after the
12.0.5/13.0.1 commit will produce a new release with version 12.0.6 that
works correctly.

Unfortunately, you're right that we don't have a good way to remove the
old 13.0.1 release and tag. In the past we have just ignored that and
moved on, although I think in some cases we did remove the package from
PyPI to avoid having it installed accidentally. I don't know how many of
your users are using pip to install the packages you build, so I don't
know how important it will be for you to do that.

Doug