[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [quickstart] [networking-ovn] No more overcloud_prep-containers.sh script

Miguel Angel Ajo Pelayo majopela at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 08:14:49 UTC 2018

Hi folks

  I was trying to deploy neutron with networking-ovn via tripleo-quickstart
scripts on master, and this config file [1]. It doesn't work, overcloud
deploy cries with:

1) trying to deploy ovn I end up with a 2018-10-02 17:48:12 | "2018-10-02
17:47:51,864 DEBUG: 26691 -- Error: image
tripleomaster/centos-binary-ovn-controller:current-tripleo not found",

it seems like the overcloud_prep-containers.sh is not there anymore (I
guess overcloud deploy handles it automatically now? but it fails to
generate the ovn containers for some reason)

Also, if you look at [2] which are our ansible migration scripts to migrate
ml2/ovs to ml2/networking-ovn, you will see that we make use of
overcloud_prep-containers.sh , I guess that we will need to make sure [1]
works and we will get [2] for free.

[1] https://github.com/openstack/networking-ovn/blob/master/tripleo/ovn.yml
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/networking-ovn/latest/install/migration.html
--
Miguel Ángel Ajo
OSP / Networking DFG, OVN Squad Engineering