[openstack-dev] [tripleo][openstack-ansible] Updates on collaboration on os_tempest role

Chandan kumar chkumar246 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 04:32:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

During the starting of Denver 2018 PTG [1]., We started collaborating
towards using the
openstack-ansible-os_tempest role [2] as a unified tempest role in TripleO and
openstack-ansible project within OpenStack community.

It will help us to improve the testing strategies between two projects
which can be
further expanded to other OpenStack deployment tools.

We will be sharing bi-weekly updates through mailing lists.
We are tracking/planning all the work here:
Proposal doc: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ansible-tempest-role
Work item collaboration doc:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-tempest

Here is the update till now:
openstack-ansible-os_tempest project:

* Enable stackviz support - https://review.openstack.org/603100
* Added support for installing tempest from distro -
https://review.openstack.org/591424
* Fixed missing ; from if statement in tempest_run -
https://review.openstack.org/614521
* Added task to list tempest plugins - https://review.openstack.org/615837
* Remove apt_package_pinning dependency from os_tempest role -
https://review.openstack.org/609992
* Enable python-tempestconf support - https://review.openstack.org/612968

Support added to openstack/rpm-packaging project (will be consumed in
os_tempest role):
* Added spec file for stackviz - https://review.openstack.org/609337
* Add initial spec for python-tempestconf - https://review.openstack.org/598143

Upcoming improvements:
* Finish the integration of python-tempestconf in os_tempest role.

Have queries, Feel free to ping us on #tripleo or #openstack-ansible channel.

Links:
[1.] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-August/133119.html
[2.] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_tempest

Thanks,