[openstack-dev] [goals][upgrade-checkers] Week R-23 Update

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 16:05:53 UTC 2018

There is not much news this week. There are several open changes which
add the base command framework to projects [1]. Those need reviews from
the related core teams. gmann and I have been trying to go through them
first to make sure they are ready for core review.

There is one neutron change to note [2] which adds an extension point
for neutron stadium projects (and ML2 plugins?) to hook in their own
upgrade checks. Given the neutron architecture, this makes sense. My
only worry is about making sure the interface is clearly defined, but I
suspect this isn't the first time the neutron team has had to deal with
something like this.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:upgrade-checkers+status:open
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/615196/

Matt