[openstack-dev] [tc][all][goals] selecting community-wide goals for T development cycle

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Nov 1 17:48:39 UTC 2018

We will have a session at the forum to discuss the community-wide goals
[0] we want to select for the T cycle. That's a long way off, but given
the fact that we don't have a PTG between Berlin and Denver, and that
we've recently had feedback that we need to have tools finished better
before starting, I think we do need to begin the conversation now.

The Forum session is on Thursday at 17:10, at the end of the Forum
[1]. There's an etherpad up [2] for folks to start offering
suggestions. And the etherpad with the archives of past ideas is also
still online [3].

Let's use this thread to talk about the Forum session. If you want to
propose a specific goal, please start a *new* thread here on
openstack-dev so that we can keep all of the discussion clearly
separated. Please keep in mind that these goals should apply to most, if
not all, projects. Work to integrate 2 services can be managed through
the normal feature prioritization processes of the teams involved.

I will be moderating the discussion at the Forum, but I am not signing
up as a goal champion or to drive the goal selection. If you are
interested in helping with either of those things, please let me know.

Doug

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/index.html
[1] https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/summit-schedule/events/22814/t-series-community-goal-discussion
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/BER-t-series-goals