[openstack-dev] [stable][kolla] tagging newton EOL

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu May 31 00:17:39 UTC 2018

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 11:02:54AM +0800, Jeffrey Zhang wrote:
> hi stable team,
>
> Kolla project is ready for Newton EOL.  Since kolla-ansible is split from
> kolla since ocata cycle, so there is not newton branch in kolla-ansible.
> please make following repo EOL
>
> openstack/kolla

Okay I did this today but to be perfectly frank I suspect I've done it
wrong.

There was already an existing tag for newton-eol pointing at
3.0.3-20'ish so I tagged what was the HEAD of the existing newton branch
which was 3.0.0.0rc1-335'ish:

About to delete the branch stable/newton from openstack/kolla (rev 40e768ec2a370dc010be773af37e2ce417adda80)

I'm not really sure about the history there.  I apologise if I've made a
mistake.

but at least as we have everything in git we can recover the branches
and retag if required.

Yours Tony.