[openstack-dev] [tc][all] A culture change (nitpicking)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue May 29 21:53:35 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-29 15:25:01 -0500 (-0500), Jay S Bryant wrote:
[...]
> Maybe it would be different now that I am a Core/PTL but in the past I had
> been warned to be careful as it could be misinterpreted if I was changing
> other people's patches or that it could look like I was trying to pad my
> numbers. (I am a nit-picker though I do my best not to be.
[...]

Most stats tracking goes by the Gerrit "Owner" metadata or the Git
"Author" field, neither of which are modified in a typical new
patchset workflow and so carry over from the original patchset #1
(resetting Author requires creating a new commit from scratch or
passing extra options to git to reset it, while changing the Owner
needs a completely new Change-Id footer).
--
Jeremy Stanley