[openstack-dev] [tc][all] A culture change (nitpicking)

Jay S Bryant jungleboyj at gmail.com
Tue May 29 18:29:02 UTC 2018

Julia,

Thank you for starting this discussion.

On 5/29/2018 9:43 AM, Artom Lifshitz wrote:
> I dunno, there's a fine line to be drawn between getting a finished
> product that looks unprofessional (because of typos, English mistakes,
> etc), and nitpicking to the point of smothering and being
> counter-productive. One idea would be that, once the meat of the patch
> has passed multiple rounds of reviews and looks good, and what remains
> is only nits, the reviewer themselves take on the responsibility of
> pushing a new patch that fixes the nits that they found.
In the past this is something that I have wanted to do but have received
mixed feedback on its level of appropriateness.  I am happy to push
follow-up patches to address nit-picks rather than hold up a patch.  We,
however, will need to communicate to the community that this is now an
acceptable practice.