[openstack-dev] Problem when deploying Openstack with Kolla

Rafael Weingärtner rafaelweingartner at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:51:37 UTC 2018

Hello OpenStackers,
First of all, I am not sure if this is the right list to post this
question. Therefore, please excuse me if I am sending an e-mail to the
wrong place.

So, I have been trying to use Kolla to deploy a POC environment of
OpenStack. However, I have not been able to do so. Right now I am getting
the following error:

fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The conditional check
> '(neutron_l3_agent.enabled | bool and neutron_l3_agent.host_in_groups |
> bool) or (neutron_vpnaas_agent.enabled | bool and
>  neutron_vpnaas_agent.host_in_groups | bool)' failed. The error was: error
> while evaluating conditional ((neutron_l3_agent.enabled | bool and
> neutron_l3_agent.host_in_groups | bool) or (neutron_vpnaas_agent.enabled |
> bool and  neutron_vpnaas_agent.host_in_groups | bool)): Unable to look up a
> name or access an attribute in template string ({{ inventory_hostname in
> groups['neutron-vpnaas-agent'] }}).\nMake sure your variable name does not
> contain invalid characters like '-': argument of type 'StrictUndefined' is
> not iterable\n\nThe error appears to have been in
> '/usr/local/share/kolla-ansible/ansible/roles/neutron/tasks/config.yml':
> line 2, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact
> syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n---\n- name:
> Setting sysctl values\n  ^ here\n"}

It looks like an Ansible problem. I checked the file
“/usr/local/share/kolla-ansible/ansible/roles/neutron/tasks/config.yml” at
line 5, it has the following declaration:

> neutron_l3_agent: "{{ neutron_services['neutron-l3-agent'] }}"

As far as I understand everything is ok with this variable declaration.
There is the “neutron-l3-agent” parameter used to retrieve an element from
“neutron_services” map, but that does look ok. Has anybody else experienced
this problem before?

I am using Kolla for OpenStack queens. I am using kolla with the following
command.

> kolla-ansible -i all-in-one bootstrap-servers && kolla-ansible -i
> all-in-one prechecks && kolla-ansible -i all-in-one deploy

As you can see, it is a simple use case to deploy OpenStack in a single
node. The command that is failing is the following.

--
Rafael Weingärtner