[openstack-dev] [all][tc][ptls] final stages of python 3 transition

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat May 19 17:04:53 UTC 2018

On 05/08/2018 06:22 PM, Matthew Treinish wrote:
>> Glance - Has issues with image upload + uwsgi + eventlet [1]
>
> This actually is a bit misleading. Glance works fine with image upload and uwsgi.
> That's the only configuration of glance in a wsgi app that works because
> of chunked transfer encoding not being in the WSGI protocol. [2] uwsgi provides
> an alternate interface to read chunked requests which enables this to work.
> If you look at the bugs linked off that release note about image upload
> you'll see they're all fixed.

Hi Matt,

I'm quite happy to read the above. Just to make sure...

Can you confirm that Glance + Python 3 + uwsgi with SSL will work using
the below setup?

using:
- RBD backend
- swift backend
- swift+rgw

If so, then I'll probably end up pushing for such uwsgi setup.

If I understand you correctly, it wont work with Apache mod_wsgi,
because of these chcked transfer encoding, which is what made if fail
when I tried using the RBD backend. Right?

> The issues glance has with running in a wsgi app are related to it's
> use of async tasks via taskflow. (which includes the tasks api and
> image import stuff) This shouldn't be hard to fix, and I've had
> patches up to address these for months:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531498/
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/549743/

Do I need to backport these patches to Queens to run Glance the way I
described? Will it also fix running Glance with mod_wsgi?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)