[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 14 May 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri May 18 17:21:54 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 14 May 2018

## News

### WSGI

Morgan has been working on converting keystone's core application to use Flask[1], which will help us to stop using paste.deploy and simplify our WSGI middleware and routing. While we're reworking our WSGI application framework, we also need to be thinking about how we can implement the mutable configuration community goal[2] which relies on having a SIGHUP handler in the service application that can talk to oslo.config, which is a feature that is part of oslo.service which we're not using.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568377/
[2] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/rocky/enable-mutable-configuration.html

### Sphinx issues

This week we started seeing mysterious issues with the API docs builder in the docs jobs for keystoneauth[3][4]. They seemed to start sometime after the upper-constraint for Sphinx was bumped to 1.7.4[5] and seemed to go away when the constraint was reverted[6], but we haven't fully confirmed that correlation yet. If you have some free time and like puzzles please feel free to dive in.

[3] http://logs.openstack.org/65/568365/5/check/build-openstack-sphinx-docs/368b8db/
[4] http://logs.openstack.org/40/568640/2/check/build-openstack-sphinx-docs/c66ea98/
[5] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/566451/
[6] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/568248/

### Summit/forum next week

The OpenStack Summit and Forum is next week in Vancouver, BC. A team dinner is going to be organized, so please respond to the survey[7] with your availability if you'd like to join.

[7] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-May/130649.html

Some sessions that might be of interest to the keystone team are:

    Default Roles - https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21761/default-roles
    Project Update - https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21584/keystone-project-update
    Project Onboarding - https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21633/keystone-project-onboarding
    Possible edge architectures for Keystone - https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21737/possible-edge-architectures-for-keystone
    Feedback session -  https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21762/keystone-feedback-session
    Unified limits - https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21760/unified-limits

The Open Research Cloud Alliance, which focuses on federated cloud topics, is also meeting on Thursday (requires a separate registration) - https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/summit-schedule/events/21845/cloud-federation-and-open-research-cloud-alliance-congress

## Open Specs

Search query: https://bit.ly/2G8Ai5q

In addition to the specs proposed for Rocky, we also have the Patrole in CI spec[8] proposed for Stein. It was originally being proposed in the openstack-specs repo but it's now reproposed to the keystone-specs repo.

[8] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/464678/

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2IACk3F

We merged 15 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2wv7QLK

There are 37 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Bugs

These week we opened 5 new bugs and closed 7.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

The spec freeze is in about three weeks. We're starting to close in on our bigger specs so things are looking good.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter