[openstack-dev] [ci][infra][tripleo] Multi-staged check pipelines for Zuul v3 proposal

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Wed May 16 09:31:30 UTC 2018

On 5/15/18 10:31 PM, Wesley Hayutin wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 1:29 PM James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com
> <mailto:corvus at inaugust.com>> wrote:
>
>     Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org <mailto:fungi at yuggoth.org>> writes:
>
>      > On 2018-05-15 09:40:28 -0700 (-0700), James E. Blair wrote:
>      > [...]
>      >> We're also talking about making a new kind of job which can
>     continue to
>      >> run after it's "finished" so that you could use it to do
>     something like
>      >> host a container registry that's used by other jobs running on the
>      >> change.  We don't have that feature yet, but if we did, would
>     you prefer
>      >> to use that instead of the intermediate swift storage?
>      >
>      > If the subsequent jobs depending on that one get nodes allocated
>      > from the same provider, that could solve a lot of the potential
>      > network performance risks as well.
>
>     That's... tricky.  We're *also* looking at affinity for buildsets, and
>     I'm optimistic we'll end up with something there eventually, but that's
>     likely to be a more substantive change and probably won't happen as
>     soon.  I do agree it will be nice, especially for use cases like this.
>
>     -Jim

> There is a lot here to unpack and discuss, but I really like the ideas
> I'm seeing.
> Nice work Bogdan!  I've added it the tripleo meeting agenda for next
> week so we can continue socializing the idea and get feedback.
>
> Thanks!
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-meeting-items

Thank you for feedback, folks. There is a lot of technical caveats,
right. I'm pretty sure though with broader containers adoption,
openstack infra will catch up eventually, so we all could benefit our
upstream CI jobs with affinity based and co-located data available
around for consequent build steps.

Best regards,
Bogdan Dobrelya,
Irc #bogdando