[openstack-dev] [ci][infra][tripleo] Multi-staged check pipelines for Zuul v3 proposal

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Mon May 14 19:15:06 UTC 2018

Hi, Bogdan

I like the idea with undercloud job. Actually if undercloud fails, I'd stop
all other jobs, because it doens't make sense to run them. Seeing the same
failure in 10 jobs doesn't add too much. So maybe adding undercloud job as
dependency for all multinode jobs would be great idea. I think it's worth
to check also how long it will delay jobs. Will all jobs wait until
undercloud job is running? Or they will be aborted when undercloud job is
failing?

However I'm very sceptical about multinode containers and scenarios jobs,
they could fail because of very different reasons, like race conditions in
product or infra issues. Having skipping some of them will lead to more
rechecks from devs trying to discover all problems in a row, which will
delay the development process significantly.

Thanks

Best regards
Sagi Shnaidman