[openstack-dev] [all][tc][ptls][glance] final stages of python 3 transition

Victoria Martínez de la Cruz victoria at vmartinezdelacruz.com
Mon May 14 16:42:02 UTC 2018

> On 08/05/18 15:16, Matthew Treinish wrote:
>
>> Although, I don't think glance uses oslo.service even in the case where
>> it's
>> using the standalone eventlet server. It looks like it launches
>> eventlet.wsgi
>> directly:
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/glance/common/wsgi.py
>>
>> and I don't see oslo.service in the requirements file either:
>>
>> https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/master/requirements.txt
>>

> It would probably independently suffer from https://bugs.launchpad.net/man
> ila/+bug/1482633 in Python 3 then. IIUC the code started in oslo
> incubator but projects like neutron and manila converted to use the
> oslo.service version. There may be other copies of it still floating
> around...
>
> - ZB

Hi,

Jumping in now as I'm helping with py3 support efforts in the manila side.

In manila we have both support for Apache WSGI and the built-in server
(which depends in eventlet). Would it be a possible workaround to rely on
the Apache WSGI server while we wait for evenlet issues to be sorted out?
Is there any chance the upper constraints will be updated soon-ish and this
can be fixed in a newer eventlet version?

This is the only change it's preventing us to be fully py3 compatible,
hence it's a big deal for us.

Thanks,

Victoria