[openstack-dev] [nova] nova-manage cell_v2 map_instances uses invalid UUID as marker in the db

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu May 10 15:14:47 UTC 2018

On May 10, 2018, at 12:50 AM, Takashi Natsume <natsume.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> So it is one way to change the command to stop storing a 'marker' value
> in the InstanceMapping (instance_mappings) DB table
> and return (print) a 'marker' value and be able to be specifid
> the 'marker' value as the command line argument.

Anything that gets rid of the awful hack used for the instance mapping code would be welcome. Storing a marker in the table is terrible, and then munging a UUID to be a not-UUID is even worse. My cleanup at least got rid of the second hack, but I would have preferred to fix the whole thing by not storing the marker in the first place.

-- Ed Leafe