[openstack-dev] [release][ironic] hacking 1.1.0 released and ironic CI gates failing pep8

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:43:07 UTC 2018

About two hours ago, we started seeing Ironic CI jobs failing pep8
with new errors[1]. For some of our repositories, it just seems to be
a couple of lines that need to be fixed. On ironic itself, supporting
this might have us dead in the water for a while to fix the code in
accordance with what hacking is now expecting.

That being said, dtantsur and dhellmann have the perception that new
checks are supposed to be opt-in only, yet this new hacking appears to
have at W605 and W606 enabled by default as indicated by discussion in
#openstack-release[2].

Please advise, it seems like the release team ought to revert the
breaking changes and cut a new release as soon as possible.

-Julia

[1]: http://logs.openstack.org/87/557687/4/check/openstack-tox-pep8/75380de/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-05-08_14_46_47_179606
[2]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-release/%23openstack-release.2018-05-08.log.html#t2018-05-08T16:30:22