[openstack-dev] Create a Volume type using OpenStack

Hari Prasanth Loganathan hariprasanth.l at msystechnologies.com
Tue May 8 11:13:02 UTC 2018

Hi Team,

1) I am able to list all the project using the OpenStack REST API,

  http://{IP_ADDRESS}:5000/v3/auth/projects/

But as per the documentation of /v3/ API's in OpenStack (
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/block-storage/v3/index.html#volumes-volumes
),

I need API's to
i) list all the Volume types in the OpenStack
ii) I need API's to create the Volume types in the OpenStack

I am able to create via CLI, I need to perform the same using API
Create Volume Type
openstack volume type create ${poolName}
cinder type-key "${poolName}" set storagetype:pool=${poolName}
volume_backend_name=rbd-${poolName}

I am able to create via CLI, I need to perform the same using API. Please
help me in this.

Thanks,
Hari