[openstack-dev] [kolla-ansible] Configure OpenStack services to use Rabbit HA queues

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Sat May 5 00:03:14 UTC 2018

Hi vladispay,

I guess you are talking rabbit_ha_queues options. It is already marked as
deprecated[0].

    cfg.BoolOpt('rabbit_ha_queues',
                default=False,
                deprecated_group='DEFAULT',
                help='Try to use HA queues in RabbitMQ (x-ha-policy: all). '
                'If you change this option, you must wipe the RabbitMQ '
                'database. In RabbitMQ 3.0, queue mirroring is no longer '
                'controlled by the x-ha-policy argument when declaring a '
                'queue. If you just want to make sure that all queues
(except '
                'those with auto-generated names) are mirrored across all '
                'nodes, run: '
                """\"rabbitmqctl set_policy HA '^(?!amq\.).*' """
                """'{"ha-mode": "all"}' \""""),

In kolla, we configure a global ha-mode policy through its definition.json
file in rabbitmq, please check[1]

[0] https://github.com/openstack/oslo.messaging/blob/master/oslo_messaging/_
drivers/impl_rabbit.py#L165-L176
[1] https://github.com/openstack/kolla-ansible/blob/
d2d9c6622888416ad2e748706fd237f8588e993a/ansible/roles/rabbitmq/templates/
definitions.json.j2#L20

On Sat, May 5, 2018 at 12:58 AM, <vladislav.belogrudov at oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there a reason we don't configure services for rabbitmq ha queues like
> it is suggested in [0] ?
> Rabbitmq itself has ha policy 'on' via one of its templates.
>
> Thanks,
> Vladislav Belogrudov
>
> [0] https://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/shared-messaging.html#ra
> bbitmq-services