[openstack-dev] Does the openstack ci vms start each time clear up enough?

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri May 4 09:37:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 04:13:41PM +0800, linghucongsong wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Recently we meet a strange problem in our ci. look this link: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/532097/
>
> we can pass the ci in the first time, but when we begin to start the gate job, it will always failed in the second time.
>
> we have rebased several times, it alway pass the ci in the first time and failed in the second time.
>
> This have not happen before  and make me to guess is it really we start the ci from the new fresh vms each time?

A new VM is spun up for each test run, so I don't believe this is an issue with
stale artifacts on the host. I would guess this is more likely some sort of
race condition, and you just happen to be hitting it 50% of the time.

You can probably keep rechecking the patch until you get lucky. But it would be
dangerous to do that without knowing the source of the failure. You will just
most likely keep running into this in future patches then.

The failure looks very odd, with the test expecting a status to be returned but
instead getting a ServerDetail object:

http://logs.openstack.org/97/532097/16/gate/legacy-tricircle-dsvm-multiregion/ad547d5/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-05-04_03_57_05_399493