[openstack-dev] [api] REST limitations and GraghQL inception?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu May 3 17:55:29 UTC 2018

On May 3, 2018, at 12:50 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bottom line for me would be what is the perceivable benefit that all of our users would receive given the (very costly) overhaul of our APIs that would likely be required.

That was our thinking: no one would agree to such an effort without first demonstrating some tangible results. Hence the idea for an experiment with just a single service, done by those interested in seeing it happen. If GraphQL can do what they imagine it could do, then they would be able to demonstrate the benefit that you (and everyone else) would want to see.

-- Ed Leafe