[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Third party module commits to TripleO/Newton branch

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Wed May 2 17:21:25 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Shyam Biradar
<shyambiradarsggsit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on TrilioVault deployment integration with TripleO.
> This integration will contain changes to TripleO heat templates repo and
> tripleO puppet module as shown in attached document.
>
> We are targeting this integration for OpenStack Newton release first.
> I just wanted to know, if we are allowed to commit new changes which are not
> related to any core components to Newton branch of tripleo heat templates
> repo,
> openstack tripleo repo.

No we're looking to shut down the upstream newton repos in the near
future (like this month[0]).  We're only keeping it open at this point
for fast-forward upgrade type of issues. You would need to work on
master and backport as far as available and downstream the rest.

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tripleo/2018/tripleo.2018-05-01-14.00.log.html#l-164