[openstack-dev] [nova][placement] Trying to summarize bp/glance-image-traits scheduling alternatives for rebuild

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:40:15 UTC 2018

On 4/23/2018 4:43 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> How about just having the conductor call GET
> /resource_providers?in_tree=<CN_UUID>&required=<IMAGE_TRAITS>, see if
> there is a result, and if not, don't even call the scheduler at all
> (because conductor would already know there would be a NoValidHost
> returned)?

This makes filtering on image properties required, which is something I
was pushing back on because the ImagePropertiesFilter today, by design
of all scheduler filters, is configurable and optional, which is why I
wanted to add the filtering logic for image-defined required traits into
the ImagePropertiesFilter itself.

Matt