[openstack-dev] [mistral] Mistral Monthly May 2018

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Tue May 1 14:57:11 UTC 2018

Hey Folks!

Welcome to the first Mistral Monthly newsletter!

# Intro

I am going to try sending out a monthly newsletter summarising what is
going on in the world of Mistral. This is an experiment, so feedback would
be very welcome! If you have something you want me to share for next time,
please let me know (or if I missed something this round please reply here).
There is no fixed structure, but that may happen over time. I'll aim to
send it on the 1st of each month.

# Releases

There were quite a few releases in April. I expect there will be a bugfix
release for Queens and Pike this month.

- Rocky
  - Rocky-1 Milestone
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/mistral/unreleased.html
  - mistral-lib 0.5.0 [We don't publish the release notes, we need to fix
that]
  - python-mistralclient 3.4.0
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/python-mistralclient/unreleased.html
- Queens
  - Mistral 6.0.2
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/mistral/queens.html
- Pike
  - Mistral 5.2.3 https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/mistral/pike.html

Rocky-2 is due to be released by June 8th.

# Office Hours - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mistral-office-hours

The Mistral office hours have been happening regularly on Mondays and
Fridays now. Participation has been good and it has seen a wider and more
varied attendance than the weekly Mistral meetings.

We usually chat about bugs and features that people are interested in. if
there is nothing specific we take the time to do some bug triage. Please
bring yourself and topics to discuss! If none of the current time slots
suit you, please propose an additional one.

# Notable changes and additions

- In Rocky we will have support for Swiftservice and Vitrage actions.
- Workflow executions can no longer be deleted while they are still running
unless the force parameter is provided. This is a backwards incompatible
change, but makes the default behaviour much safer.
- Support for py_mini_racer, a easier to install JavaScript implementation,
was added. Users now have the choice of pyv8, v8eval or py_mini_racer.

# Milestones, Reviews, Bugs and Blueprints

(This will be more interesting in the next edition, when we can see what
changes. Stackalytics is also down, so I can't grab all the stats I wanted)

- We currently have 109 open bugs
  - We now have zero untriaged bugs! This is largely due to the
collaboration during office hours.
  - Two bugs are "critical"
  - The number of open bugs reduced from around 180 a month ago
- 44 bugs are targeted towards Rocky-2 - that is ambitious to say the
least. During Rocky-1 we fixed 23 bugs
- 8 blueprints are targeted for Rocky-2 (3 were implemented in Rocky-1)

That's all for this time. See you next month!

Dougal

[If you get this far, please ping d0ugal on freenode and let me know. I am
just curious to know roughly how many folks are reading. Thanks!]