[openstack-dev] [tc][docs] documenting openstack "constellations"

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue May 1 14:08:23 UTC 2018

The TC has had an item on our backlog for a while (a year?) to
document "constellations" of OpenStack components to make it easier
for deployers and users to understand which parts they need to have
the features they want [1].

John Garbutt has started writing the first such document [2], but
as we talked about the content we agreed the TC governance repository
is not the best home for it, so I have proposed creating a new
repository [3].

In order to set up the publishing jobs for that repo so the content
goes to docs.openstack.org, we need to settle the ownership of the
repository.

I think it makes sense for the documentation team to "own" it, but
I also think it makes sense for it to have its own review team
because it's a bit different from the rest of the docs and we may
be able to recruit folks to help who might not want to commit to
being core reviewers for all of the documentation repositories. The
TC members would also like to be reviewers, to get things going.

So, is the documentation team willing to add the new "constellations"
repository under their umbrella? Or should we keep it as a TC-owned
repository for now?

Doug

[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2001702
[2] https://review.openstack.org/565466