[openstack-dev] [api] REST limitations and GraghGL inception?

Gilles Dubreuil gdubreui at redhat.com
Tue May 1 03:00:12 UTC 2018

On 01/05/18 11:31, Flint WALRUS wrote:
> Yes, that’s was indeed the sens of my point.

I was just enforcing it, no worries! ;)

> Openstack have to provide both endpoints type for a while for backward
> compatibility in order to smooth the transition.
>
> For instance, that would be a good idea to contact postman devteam
> once GraphQL will start to be integrated as it will allow a lot of ops
> to keep their day to day tools by just having to convert their
> existing collections of handful requests.

Shouldn't we have a common consensus before any project start pushing
its own GraphQL wheel?

Also I wonder how GraphQL could open new architecture avenues for OpenStack.
For example, would that make sense to also have a GraphQL broker linking
OpenStack services?

Email: gilles at redhat.com
GitHub/IRC: gildub
Mobile: +61 400 894 219