[openstack-dev] [devstack][qa] Changes to devstack LIBS_FROM_GIT

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Mar 29 12:55:11 UTC 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 07:37:19PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from corvus's message of 2018-03-28 13:21:38 -0700:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've proposed a change to devstack which slightly alters the
> > LIBS_FROM_GIT behavior.  This shouldn't be a significant change for
> > those using legacy devstack jobs (but you may want to be aware of it).
> > It is more significant for new-style devstack jobs.
> >
> > -snip-
> >

> How does this apply to uses of devstack outside of zuul, such as in a
> local development environment?
>
> Doug

This is my question too. I know in Cinder there are a lot of third party CI
systems that do not use zuul. If they are impacted in any way by changes to
devstack, we will need to make sure they are all aware of those changes (and
have an alternative method for them to get the same functionality).

Sean