[openstack-dev] Following the new PTI for document build, broken local builds

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Mar 29 12:47:40 UTC 2018

> > It's not mentioned here, but I discovered today that Cinder is using the
> > sphinx.ext.autodoc module. Is there any issue with using this?
> >

> Nope - sphinx-apidoc and the likes use autodoc under the hood. You can
> see this by checking the output in 'contributor/api' or the likes.
>
> Stephen

I'm wondering if there is a problem with using this vs. the way being proposed.

In other words, do we need to switch over to this new sphinxcontrib module, or
staying with autodoc should be OK. And if so, why not switch current users of
the pbr method over to use sphinx.ext.autdoc rather than introducing something
new?