[openstack-dev] [nova] VMware NSX CI - no longer running?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:21:00 UTC 2018

On 3/28/2018 11:07 AM, melanie witt wrote:
> We were reviewing a bug fix for the vmware driver [0] today and we
> noticed it appears that the VMware NSX CI is no longer running, not even
> on only the nova/virt/vmwareapi/ tree.
>
>  From the third-party CI dashboard, I see some claims of it running but
> when I open the patches, I don't see any reporting from VMware NSX CI [1].
>
> Can anyone from the vmware subteam comment on whether or not the vmware
> third-party CI is going to be fixed or if it has been abandoned?
>
> Thanks,
> -melanie
>
> [0] https://review.openstack.org/557377
> [1] http://ci-watch.tintri.com/project?project=nova&time=7+days

As a result, I've posted a change to log a warning on start of the
driver indicating its quality cannot be ensured since it doesn't get the
same level of testing as the other drivers.

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/557398/

This also makes me basically -2 on any vmware driver specs since I don't
see a point in adding new features for the driver when the CI is never
working, and by "never" I mean for at least the last couple of years. I
could go back and find the seemingly quarterly mailing list posts I've
had to make like this in the past.

Matt