[openstack-dev] [openstack-infra] Where did the ARA logs go?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Mar 28 15:13:13 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-28 09:26:49 -0500 (-0500), Sean McGinnis wrote:
[...]
> I believe the ARA logs are only captured on failing jobs.

Correct. This was a stop-gap some months ago when we noticed we were
overrunning our inode capacity on the logserver. ARA was was only
one of the various contributors to that increased consumption but
due to its original model based on numerous tiny files, limiting it
to job failures (where it was most useful) was one of the ways we
temporarily curtailed inode utilization. ARA has very recently grown
the ability to stuff all that data into a single sqlite file and
then handle it browser-side, so I expect we'll be able to switch
back to collecting it for all job runs again fairly soon.
--
Jeremy Stanley