[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] FYI.. the full tempest execution removed from promotion criteria temporarily

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 04:23:15 UTC 2018

Greetings,

The upstream packages for master and queens have not been updated in
TripleO in 22 days.  We have come very close to a package promotion a
number of times, but failed for several different reasons.  In this latest
issue the full tempest job featureset020 was discussed with both Alex and
Emilien and we are temporarily removing it from criteria for a promotion.
There are several performance issues atm that we are still getting details
on with regards to the number of httpd processes on the controller and the
cpu usage of openvswitch agents.

The full tempest job is very useful and helpful in discovering issues like
this one that may have gone undetected otherwise.  Removing it temporarily
is a safe operation because none of the upstream tripleo check or gate jobs
run full tempest.

As soon as the promotion is complete with the containers, images, and repo
promoted I will revert the patches that removed the full tempest run from
criteria.

Note the tempest jobs are still running at the time I'm writing this email
and still may pass, however to ensure upstream gets promoted packages it
has been removed as a precaution.

Thank you