[openstack-dev] [nova] Hard fail if you try to rename an AZ with instances in it?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 16:42:04 UTC 2018

On 3/27/2018 10:37 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> If we want to actually fix the issue once and for all, we need to make
> availability zones a real thing that has a permanent identifier (UUID)
> and store that permanent identifier in the instance (not the instance
> metadata).

Aggregates have a UUID now, exposed in microversion 2.41 (you added it).
Is that what you mean by AZs having a UUID, since AZs are modeled as
host aggregates?

One of the alternatives in the spec is not relying on name as a unique
identifier and just make sure everything is held together via the
aggregate UUID, which is now possible.

Matt