[openstack-dev] [nova] Rocky community goal: remove the use of mox/mox3 for testing

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 22:06:36 UTC 2018

Hey everyone,

This cycle there is a community goal to remove the use of mox/mox3 for
testing [0]. In nova, we're tracking our work at this blueprint:

   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/mox-removal

If you propose patches contributing to this goal, please be sure to add
something like "Part of blueprint mox-removal" in the commit message of
your patch so it will be tracked as part of the blueprint for Rocky.

NOTE: Please avoid converting any tests related to cells v1 or
nova-network as these two legacy features are either in-progress of
being removed or on the road map to being removed within the next two
cycles. Tests to *avoid* converting are located:

   nova/tests/unit/cells/
   nova/nova/tests/unit/compute/test_compute_cells.py
   nova/tests/unit/network/test_manager.py

Please reply with other cells v1 or nova-network test locations to avoid
if I've missed any.

Thanks,
-melanie

[0] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2001546