[openstack-dev] [api] [heat] microversion_parse.middleware.MicroversionMiddleware

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Mar 22 19:19:03 UTC 2018

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Chris Dent wrote:

> Last week at the PTG, during the API-SIG session, there was
> discussion of extracting the microversion handling middleware that
> is used in the placement service into the relatively small
> microversion-parse library. This is so people who want to adopt
> microversions (or change their implementation) can share some code.
>
> This evening I've got a working version of that, and would like some
> feedback (and a few other things as well).
>
> The code is in a stack starting with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/495356/

This has merged and has been released as microversion-parse 0.2.1:

     https://pypi.org/project/microversion_parse/

> As a sort of proof, there's also a nova patchset which shows the
> removed code. If you install the above stack into the checked out
> nova patchset, it works as expected. That nova change is at
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/550265/

This has now been changed away from being a  DNM/WIP and depends on
a requirements change

     https://review.openstack.org/#/c/555332/

These warts still remain

> * It wants to use webob, because that's how it started out. This is
>  pretty easy to fix with one challenge being managing error
>  formatting.
>
> * At the moment it is not yet set up to align with deployment
>  strategies such as paste (it uses old school wsgi initialization
>  and wrapping). Also pretty easy to fix.

but I wanted to get something out for people to experiment with. The
nova patchset is probably as a good a starting point for
understanding how to use it as anything.

Eventually it would probably make sense to create a little demo WSGI
app that uses it.