[openstack-dev] [nova] Review runways this cycle

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:38:38 UTC 2018

On 3/20/2018 6:44 PM, melanie witt wrote:
> We were thinking of starting the runways process after the spec review
> freeze (which is April 19) so that reviewers won't be split between spec
> reviews and reviews of work in runways.

I'm going to try and reign in the other thread [1] and bring it back here.

The request to discuss this in the nova meeting was discussed, log
starts here [2].

For me personally, I'm OK with starting runways now, before the spec
freeze, if we also agree to move the spec freeze out past milestone 1,
so either milestone 2 or feature freeze (~milestone 3).

This is because we have far fewer people that actually review specs, and
I personally don't want to have the expectation/pressure to be
reviewing, at a high level anyway, both specs before the deadline along
with runways at the same time.

Moving out the spec freeze also means that assuming runways works and
we're good about flushing things through the queue, we can seed more
blueprints based on specs we approve later.

Given we already have 33 approved but not yet completed blueprints, we
have plenty of content to keep us busy with runways for the next couple
of months.

If we start runways now and don't move out the spec freeze, I'm OK with
that but I personally will probably be devoting more of my time to
reviewing specs than stuff in the runways.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128603.html
[2]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2018/nova.2018-03-22-14.00.log.html#l-205