[openstack-dev] [infra][dib] Gate "out of disk" errors and diskimage-builder 2.12.0

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 04:39:35 UTC 2018

Hi,

We had a small issue with dib's 2.12.0 release that means it creates
the root partition with the wrong partition type [1].  The result is
that a very old check in sfdisk fails, and growpart then can not
expand the disk -- which means you may have seen jobs that usually
work fine run out of disk space.

This slipped by because our functional testing doesn't test growpart;
an oversight we will correct in due course.

The bad images should have been removed, so a recheck should work.

We will prepare dib 2.12.1 with the fix.  As usual there are
complications, since the dib gate is broken due to unrelated triple-o
issues [2].  In the mean time, probably avoid 2.12.0 if you can.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/554771
[2] https://review.openstack.org/554705