[openstack-dev] [nova][neutron] Rocky PTG summary - nova/neutron

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Tue Mar 20 10:29:04 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 12:04 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 3/15/2018 3:30 PM, melanie witt wrote:
>>      * We don't need to block bandwidth-based scheduling support for
>> doing port creation in conductor (it's not trivial), however, if
>> nova creates a port on a network with a QoS policy, nova is going
>> to have to munge the allocations and update placement (from
>> nova-compute) ... so maybe we should block this on moving port
>> creation to conductor after all
>
> This is not the current direction in the spec. The spec is *large*
> and detailed, and this is one of the things being discussed in there.
> For the latest on all of it, gonna need to get caught up on the spec.
> But it won't be updated for awhile because Brother Gib is on vacation.

In the current state of the spec I try to keep this case out of scope
[1]. Having QoS policy requires a special port or network and nova
server create with network_id only expected to work is simple network
and port setup. If the user want some special port (like SRIOV) she has
to pre-create that port in neutron anyhow.

Cheers,
gibi

[1]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/502306/18/specs/rocky/approved/bandwidth-resource-provider.rst@126