[openstack-dev] [ALL][PTLs] Community Goals for Rocky: Toggle the debug option at runtime

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 16 21:34:42 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-16 21:22:51 +0000 (+0000), Jim Rollenhagen wrote:
[...]
> It seems mod_wsgi doesn't want python applications catching SIGHUP,
> as Apache expects to be able to catch that. By default, it even ensures
> signal handlers do not get registered.[0]
[...]
> Given we just had a goal to make all API services runnable as a WSGI
> application, it seems wrong to enable mutable config for API services.
> It's a super useful thing though, so I'd love to figure out a way we can do
> it.
[...]

Given these are API services, can the APIs grow a (hopefully
standardized) method to trigger this in lieu of signal handling? Or
if the authentication requirements are too much, Zuul and friends
have grown RPC sockets which can be used to inject these sorts of
low-level commands over localhost to their service daemons (or could
probably also do similar things over UNIX sockets if you don't want
listeners on the loopback interface).
--
Jeremy Stanley