[openstack-dev] [mistral][tempest][congress] import or retain mistral tempest service client

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Fri Mar 16 11:08:30 UTC 2018

On 13 March 2018 at 18:51, Eric K <ekcs.openstack at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mistral folks and others,
>
> I'm working on Congress tempest tests [1] for integration with Mistral. In
> the tests, we use a Mistral service client to call Mistral APIs and
> compare results against those obtained by Mistral driver for Congress.
>
> Regarding the service client, Congress can either import directly from
> Mistral tempest plugin [2] or maintain its own copy within Congress
> tempest plugin. I'm not sure whether Mistral team expects the service
> client to be internal use only, so I hope to hear folks' thoughts on which
> approach is preferred. Thanks very much!

I don't have a strong opinion here. I am happy for you to use the Mistral
service client, but it will be hard to guarantee stability. It has been
stable (since it hasn't changed), but we have a temptest refactor planned
(once we move the final tempest tests from mistraclient to
mistral-tempest-plugin). So there is a fair chance we will break the API at
that point, however, I don't know when it will happen, as nobody is
currently working on it.

I have cc'ed Chandan - hopefully he can provide some input. He has advised
me and the Mistral team regarding tempest before.