[openstack-dev] [ptg][sig][upgrades] Upgrade SIG

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 16 10:10:23 UTC 2018

Hi All

I finally got round to writing up my summary of the Upgrades session at the
PTG in Dublin (see [0]).

One outcome of that session was to form a new SIG centered on Upgrading
OpenStack - I'm pleased to announce that the SIG has been formally accepted!

The objective of the Upgrade SIG is to improve the overall upgrade process
for OpenStack Clouds, covering both offline ‘fast-forward’ upgrades and
online ‘rolling’ upgrades, by providing a forum for cross-project
collaboration between operators and developers to document and codify best
practice for upgrading OpenStack.

If you are interested in participating in the SIG please add your details
to the wiki page under 'Interested Parties':

  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Upgrade_SIG

I'll be working with the other SIG leads to setup regular IRC meetings in
the next week or so - we expect to alternate between slots that are
compatible with all time zones.

Regards

James

[0]