[openstack-dev] [nova] Does not hook for validating resource name (name/hostname for instance) required?

양유석 ileixe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 06:22:52 UTC 2018

Hi.

I have a question for operating Openstack cluster. Since it's my first mail
to mailing list, if it's not a right place to do, sorry for that and please
let me know the right one. :)

Our company operates Openstack clusters and we had legacy DNS system, and
it needs to check hostname check more strictly including RFC952. Also our
operators demands for unique hostname in a region (we do not have tenant
network yet using l3 only network). So for those reasons, we maintained
custom validation logic for instance name.

But as everyone knows maintenance for custom codes are so burden, I am
trying to find the applicable location for the demand.

imho, since there is schema validation for every resource, if any
validation hooking API provided we can happily use it. Does anyone
experience similar issue? Any advices will be appreciated.

Thanks.