[openstack-dev] [Openstack-sigs] [First Contact][SIG] [PTG] Summary of Discussions

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 00:37:35 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

Sorry was not be able to make it to the First Contact SIG discussions in
Dublin. The only suggestion I have is to have as many project as possible
to have a dedicated FC SIG wiki page for localize onboarding support.

For example like what we do in Cyborg:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg/FirstContact I've captured all the
discussions of the China Dev Group via a Chinese streaming site and also
put the wiki link in the wechat group description, so that new developer
know where to go to for a localize support.

For communciation tools, per irc  I agree converge to #openstack-dev is
better than maintaining some independent channels. But also from my
experience video conf in native lang is more effective.

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado