[openstack-dev] [First Contact][SIG] [PTG] Summary of Discussions

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Mar 13 18:38:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:54:06 -0600
Jay S Bryant <jungleboyj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good overview.  Thank you!
>
> One additional goal I want to mention on the list, for awareness, is the
> fact that we would like to eventually get some consistency to the pages
> that the 'Contributor Guide' lands on for each of the projects.  Needs
> to be a page that is friendly to new contributors, makes it easy to
> learn about the project and is not overwhelming.
>
> What exactly that looks like isn't defined yet but I have talked to
> Manila about this.  They were interested in working together on this.
> Cinder and Manila will work together to get something consistent put
> together and then we can work on spreading that to other projects once
> we have agreement from the SIG that the approach is agreeable.

This is a good cross-project goal, I think. We discussed a similar approach
in the docs room wrt providing templates to project teams that they can
use to design their landing pages for admin, user, configuration docs; that
would also include the main index page for project docs.

As for the project-specific contributor guides,
https://docs.openstack.org/doc-contrib-guide/project-guides.html specifies
that any contributor content should go to doc/source/contributor/. This will
allow us to use templates to generate lists of links, similarly to what
we do for other content areas.

Cheers,
pk